Saturday, August 12, 2006

Not Phallic

Yes, the ginormous jar of pickles has returned to my house. All hail Costco! I love these pickles, they're so large and juicy and yummy. And this huge jar is actually cheaper than some of the smaller jars. Granted, some of those smaller jars are worth the price. For instance, Vlasic has some deliciously spicy pickles. However, there are also a bunch out there that my pickle critical taste buds find inferior to the yumminess of this large jar from Farman's. This jar has actually been sitting on my shelf for quite awhile. I told myself that I was not allowed to enjoy these pickles until I finished the two jars of not so scrumptious Safeway pickles that I bought when my husband suggested that my big pickle jar took up too much space in the fridge. I didn't want to buy the Safeway pickles, but for some reason I just couldn't find any other pickles when I was at Safeway that day. Anyway, so it took me awhile to finish those Safeway pickles, because they just weren't yummy enough to eat as a snack so I actually had to pair them up with a pickle friendly meal (i.e. a sandwich). It also didn't help that I was secretly purchasing the Big Papa whenever Safeway had them in stock. But yes, I finally finished the Safeway pickles and now my Farman's Home Style Kosher Dills are hanging out in my fridge until one by one they are plucked out of the jar and onto my plate. In fact, I think I'll have one right now...

And yes, I did find that the return of the big pickle jar to my fridge was exciting and important enough to blog. :)

No comments: