Monday, July 25, 2005

Broken Fire Hydrant

Saturday night was interesting and kinda funny. Like it was kinda funny because it happened to me, but it would've been really funny if it had happened to somebody else. Anyway, Saturday night we had Lance's grandma's (does that make her my grandmother-in-law?), 49th day memorial. Afterwards, we went out to the Gyotaku in town and the food was so yummy! I liked that one better than the Pearl City one, but maybe I just had something yucky at the Pearl City one. Anyway, after dinner, Lance and I were gonna drop his mom off at her house and then go meet Jaime and Joy. So we go to his mom's house and go inside. Lance lets his mom's dog out of her bedroom and the dog comes running out and whimpering because she's all happy to see us. So I sit down on the couch and the dog hops into my lap. I pet the dog and all of a sudden feel a disturbing warm wetness on my right thigh. So I think, okay, great I have a little spot of dog pee on my leg and look down at my leg. There was no little spot of dog pee, but a large puddle of dog pee on my leg. And of course I'm wearing pants, so of course I'm stuck with wetness on my leg. So Lance and I go home so I can soak my pants and then go wash them. But that meant that we couldn't really go meet Jaime and Joy because by the time we would get from Pearl City to Mililani to Kalihi then it'd be midnight already. So I call them on the way home and tell them what happened and do you know how they reacted? Okay, so do you think that a) My friends commiserated with me and offered kind words of sympathy? Of do you think that b) They bust out laughing and called me a "broken fire hydrant." Sweethearts, really.

No comments: