Saturday, June 02, 2007

M*Bark, The Yarn, and Doggy School

Last weekend as I was working on the yarn room, I heard a clacking sound coming from the living room. Realizing that this sound probably meant that M*Bark was up to something, I went to investigate and found this:
She had discovered my knitting on the coffee table and had decided that it was interesting. The clacking sound that I heard was the sound of my knitting needles being moved around. Thankfully she left my project on the table. So I walked into the living room and found my project lying on the table, my ball of yarn clear across the room, and yarn connecting the two throughout the room. It was an inexpensive ball of cotton so I was more amused than annoyed. I think she has a thing for yarn/hand knits b/c I've also found my ipod (in its knitted case) on the stairs and she keeps plucking my knitted hat from my school bag.

Respecting the yarn isn't one of the lessons that they directly teach, but M*Bark's been going to Doggy School on the weekends. She's doing well and likes going. She's already made some friends. It's weird, though, b/c I think my 10th grade student council advisor is in the class. One of these days I'm going to go talk to her and find out for sure. Here's Lance working on the "stay" command:
Here's M*Bark at "recess" checking out the contents of my bag. That's probably how she looks when shes plucking hand knits out of my school bag.
Doggy School is tiring and M*Bark's pretty wiped out at the end of class. Mmm...comfy pillow...

No comments: