Friday, June 29, 2007

Celebrations


A very dear friend of mine got married last weekend to a fantabulous fella who's perfect for her. He's smart, funny, and I know he'll take care of her. Oh, and he's extremely tall. My friend and I have been friends for nearly fourteen years now and of course she's brought other guys around. But there was something about this guy that made me think, "He's the one." The first time we met him, my husband actually turned to me and said, "Tell her he's a keeper." I was blessed enough to be a part of her bridal party and this picture was taken during her rehearsal dinner. Tell me the truth, isn't she the most gorgeous bride ever (she's the one making the face)? I had other pictures of the wedding but I felt that this picture really captured who she is. :)

The husband and I are at that age where attending weddings are a large part of our lives. We had three in June and one more in July. We'll have at least two more in the fall. Anyway, since we've been going to so many weddings in the past two years, I've noticed something interesting. The way the wedding turns out is really reflective of the couple's personalities. A lot of times it's just really reflective of the bride, but sometimes it's both. Anyway, so my friend who just got married last week is a fun loving kind of girl who likes to laugh and her laugh is quite distinctive and well known. Anyway, her wedding ceremony turned out to be filled with laughter and was just well, the wedding ceremony was just her. Another wedding we went to was nice but it was disorganized and well, apparently this was also reflective of the bride. Another friend of mine had a wedding that was simple and elegant, and that's probably how I would describe her as well.

Geez, after weddings come first baby parties. Getting old.

No comments: