Saturday, January 28, 2006

The Longest Week Ever

This was this longest week ever. Like any other week, I had tons of meetings and work to go, but for some reason this week dragged on and on like no other week had. Monday I had to test a preschooler, which is always tiring. On Tuesday, I thought it was Wednesday. I woke up Wednesday and thought, "Is today Saturday or Sunday? I went to work yesterday so oh, good, today's Saturday...crap, it's Wednesday." It was raining all week, so I was wet all week, and the pouring rain on Thursday may me want to stay home. I called my mom and Joy on the way to work to see if I could stay home due to the rain. They both told me the wrong answer and I grumpily went to work. I got an email from Joy in the afternoon saying that I was a grouch that morning. It's your true friends that will tell you that you're being a grouch. I was so grumpy on Thursday that I told myself that I was going to leave school when the kids did. I didn't end up leaving until 5:00 because I realized that I had an evaluation report due on Friday and I didn't want to come in on Friday to do it. On Friday, we had a district PD day and had to listen to the boss of all bosses talk, this boring dude talk, and we had a speech meeting. The big boss was fairly interesting and entertaining and the coffee I had kept me alert. I didn't pay attention to the boring guy because the coffee I drank was ready to come out. I couldn't go to the bathroom, though, because we were in the MHS gym and I was sitting in the middle of the row. The speech meeting was fairly interesting, but I was picked on a lot by my boss. She picked on me so much that a person behind me said, "Wow, she likes to tease her a lot." For some reason, my friends have always picked on me. It's weird because I'm always the one teased in whatever group I'm with at the time. My husband was trying to explain why I'm the one teased, but I think it's because I'm so cute. Well, that's what I tell myself anyway.

My week ended well, though. I went shopping in the afternoon and my friends convinced me to buy these shoes I was staring at. I bought two new pairs of Skechers, even though I was looking for work sandals. My husband surprisingly was not annoyed when my two new "friends" entered the house, but he did suggest that I throw out the shoes that these two supposedly replaced. Throw out shoes? We'll see about that.

No comments: