Thursday, November 29, 2007

A disappointment

The week's not over yet and already I feel drained. There have been times in my life where I have moved, touched, and pleasantly surprised by the people who surround me and in life in general. Unfortunately, there have also been times when I am reminded that the weather isn't always sunny and the air doesn't always smell sweet.

I am not an optimist. I am not a pessimist. I am a realist. And this week reality really sucked. I had a setback involving an event that I had agreed to participate in. I had to deal with disappointment and someone's abandon ship attitude, but that part of my week could not compare with the week of a friend of mine. She's had a horrible week, one of those weeks where really all you can say is that sometimes life sucks. And it doesn't matter who you think people are. No profession, even those in the education field, are immune from crappy people.

1 comment:

jer. said...

:( sorry to hear that! i'm a hopeful realist :)