Friday, November 30, 2007

One project pau

The scarf that I have to deliver tomorrow is pau! Yea! All I need to do is tuck in the ends and wrap it and I'll be all set to deliver it. Even though it'll be given on December 1, I still like to think of it as a Christmas present. It makes me feel better to think that I've already finished one of my presents. :) It's for one of my former grad school professors. She's probably the only one of my professors that I'd ever knit for. Because as much as much as I've admitted that some parts of grad school were great, it truly was a horrid time in my life. We all agree that most of the people who were responsible for teaching and guiding us (ahem, otherwise known as the faculty) only made that stressful time worse than it had to be. However, the professor that I made this for was one of the few that I thought really gave a damn about what happened to us. Anyway, here it is:
I really enjoyed working on this scarf. The stitch was interesting enough to keep me going but was mindless enough that I could work on it wherever I went. And after working on the blanket, it felt like a quick knit. I found the yarn at Aloha Yarn and at the same time discovered that Aloha Yarn was an awesome yarn store. Here's a close up of the stitch pattern:
I'm delivering the scarf tomorrow at a meeting that to be quite honest, I'm not too thrilled to be attending because afterward is the UH and Washington game. We have tickets to the sold out event. It should be awesome.

No comments: