Friday, March 28, 2008

Renovation Update #4

Spring break is here but it has been a little bit less than restful. Granted, any day not actually at work is bloody fantastic. Anyway, we've been working a lot on our house this break and it occurred to me that although I intended to post a renovation update and never actually did post one. Anyway, from our last update, Lance and I finished the floor in the entryway and laundry room and painted the laundry room yellow. It took longer than expected to paint because we had to also paint the shoe shelf as well. The shelf was previously grey and even though we primed it, it took a few coats for the yellow to really come through. The whole area looks great and I'm starting to feel really great about our house. The best part of it is that the disgusting black plastic is gone and we have a proper entryway. I hated greeting people on the plastic.

We also got new furniture from Inspiration during the big New Year's sale. One of the things that we purchased was a really cool futon couch. The back folds down into a bed and the sides fold up to make a pillow. With the new furniture, we rearranged our living room and now we have a nice seating area for people to converse should we ever get around to having people over. This picture doesn't show it, but we also got rid of the dark curtains covering the patio door and the horrendous curtains covering the picture window. We put up horizontal blinds over the picture window and vertical blinds over the patio door. The whole room looks a lot better and and I love the view, especially if the blinds are already open when I first enter the house.

In addition to our couch, we also bought a new bed and dresser for our bedroom. I love the new bed. It's low enough that when I get up, all I have to do is put my feet on the floor and stand up instead of sliding off, which is what I had to do with our other bed. It also have a nice headboard so sitting up in bed is a lot more comfy. The new bed and dresser also makes our room look cozier, which is good because our master bedroom is fairly large. Oh, and my piano was delivered! I love having the opportunity to play again.

We made a lot of progress on the house during this break, but it's not done yet and I don't want to provide an update/pictures until we do a little more on it. I have the convention coming up in a couple of weeks, though, so it'll be a little while before Renovation Update #5. Here's a hint, though:

1 comment:

nure nezumi said...

finally! although, you guys will never be done renovating you know that right? there's always going to be something new to do... that's the sad thing about homeownership, as soon as you get something it starts getting old. haha. but, it looks pretty great, that couch is awesome too, i saw that couch in the store, it makes so much sense right? cool... when's your party!?