Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bento #3

Bento #3: Onigiri with ume, kim chee, edamame, crab cakes (2)

This was today's lunch. I'm sick but I had a hankering for crab cakes because 1) Someone else had frozen crab cakes from Costco on their blog, and 2) I haven't set a date for a housewarming party but I find myself mentally planning the menu. I thought about these crab cakes as one of the pupus, but they came out a little funny when I first made them. I first made them within a few months of getting married and I wasn't as comfortable in the kitchen as I am now so I decided to give them another go. They turned out fantastic and I didn't have to reheat them today. Right before I left the house I thought about taking some of that Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce with them and filled a little sauce bottle at the last minute. There's no picture of the sauce bottle because I packed my lunch last night and didn't leave enough room for it.

No comments: