Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Big Red

Look what just came off the needles! I just finished my mom's birthday blanket and I've affectionately named it "Big Red". It was actually supposed to be her present for last year's birthday but it obviously didn't get finished no where near its due date. Last year I started it a few days before her birthday because my disillusioned mind thought that it would only take a few days to finish. I'm not sure what planet I was living on last year, as the blanket took a year to finish. Okay, okay, I worked on it sporadically and I finished several projects in between, but a blanket can be a hard thing to work on for various reasons: 1) It is humangous so it is not a portable project that I could really work on outside of the house; 2) It is humangous so working on it can make a person hot especially since it's wool and if you work with it on your lap then it's like wearing a wool blanket and who wants to wear a wool blanket when it's hot in Hawaii?; and 3) It is humangous so working just one row on it can be time consuming. Don't feel too sorry for my mom, though. She got a scarf while she was waiting. Anyway, here's another picture of Big Red without the flash. You can see the cables running through it better.

1 comment:

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Wow - really nice! It must feel good to have it done.

By the way - I love your bento boxes! :)