Wednesday, July 02, 2008

The Return of the Blog

I know I haven't been very consistent with this blog, with recent blogging 3-4 times a month. But still, even for me, a month and a half between blogs is long. My apologies and I am pleased to announce The Return of the Blog. Well, that is my intention anyway. I'll try, as I really do enjoy blogging. Anyway, here's a brief recap of the past month:

1) Sick. I had a nasty bout of bronchitis in mid-late May that really knocked me down for a bit. I missed a lot of fun stuff during this time, as well as a day and a half of work. Yes, I should've missed more work but the end of the school year is not the best time to miss work. I was lucky, though. My communication aide was with me for one of my sick days at work and she really helped me out by doing some of my therapy for me while I did paperwork. Oh, and I did manage to laugh a bit during this time. I was so sick one day that I lay on the floor in between kids. While I was lying down, my kid walked in, saw me, and exclaimed, "Mrs. XXX, what happened?!?"

2) Parties. We're finally enjoying our house and sharing it with others. For awhile we were having people over every week and it was getting a little tiring. Lance is getting really good at giving the tour, though. And more than once, we were told that our house should be the new party house for the family/department/group.

3) Bentos. I had a lot of fun making bentos near the end of the school year and I'm starting to get some fun bento gear. This bento has fried rice, chinese style chicken, a strawberry, and an egg. Where's the egg, you ask? Ha, ha, the car is the egg. I also have a bottle of salt tucked in for the egg.

4) Hats, hats, and more hats. For some reason, I've been knitting a bunch of hats. It all started with this watermelon hat that I knit for my cousin's baby's first birthday. And then my friend wanted a (regular) hat for her birthday. And then my MIL wanted a hat for our San Francisco trip. And then came the really cool frog hat for Joy's future baby.

5) Vacay. The best part that happened in the last month and a half? The school year ended and I'm on summer vacation. Aww yeah. I still need to go in for meetings and to evaluate kids but that's not very much. Sorry, there's no picture for this one, but I figured there's enough pictures in this post to keep y'all happy.


6) M*Bark's 2nd birthday. M*Bark turned 2 in June. She was sleepy when I took this picture and I just realized how weird she looks in it. Anyway, she plucked the hat off the coffee table the following day and ripped it to shreds.

7) Weddings. We went to two weddings, including the one that Lance was in the party for. Sadly we forgot to take pictures with the happy couples.

8) San Francisco. We went to San Francisco with the MIL and just came home earlier this week. There's no picture for this one because we did so much there and we have so many pictures to share. I'll share our trip in future posts and will begin the "San Francisco Series" within the next few days.

No comments: