Tuesday, April 14, 2009

10 and 4

Lance and I celebrated two big events this spring break. Well, they're actually very related but I count them as two events. Our ten year "together" anniversary and our four year wedding anniversary. This is not gonna be a mushy mushy post about how fantabulous my husband is. He is, but let's face it. No one wants to read mush, right?

We started dating during spring break of my senior year of high school. Back then it was a fairly big deal. Partly because I had a fairly short attention span when it came to boys during my sophomore, junior, and senior years and partly because Lance was a lot older than me. The age difference isn't a big deal now but it definitely was then. When my friend found out, she was supportive to my face and then immediately marched herself over to my class advisor's room and asked, "Did you hear what she did during spring break?!?" It was funny.

Lance really snuck up on me. We worked together for months at a Kumon center and I while I was aware that he was there, I wasn't smitten with him and I wasn't crushing on him. Eventually, my friend, Diana accused me of being attracted to him but I thought she was crazy. I did like talking to him but I liked talking to lots of people (that hasn't changed). He was just Mr. Lance. It wasn't until we actually went out that I fell for him. Still, I was 18 and never thought that ten years later we'd be married. I mean, he was allergic to cats, for pete's sake. But here we (and our dog) are. It's been a great ten years.

2 comments:

....meow.... said...

wow, 10 yrs...how time flies. you know, i had actually started dating someone 5 yrs older than i was back in my senior year, so i remember the age thing being a huge deal at the time. however, mine didn't end up working out...but i'm very happy that your's did. :) cheers to you both, you're a wonderful couple and i'm glad to have kept in touch over the years. :)

p.s. i still bank on you having the kids before i do...

brandizzle said...

awwwww...mushy and cute but all true! congrats and time really flies. you're old! hahaha

ahh, those good ole days at kumon with mr lance...