Wednesday, April 01, 2009

American Idol Top 9

Okay, we decided to watch Marley and Me last night instead of American Idol so my post is late again. Yea, for DVR. Here we go...

WTH? itunes top download week? For real? Oh for heaven's sake. Well, at least we'll (probably) hear current music. Ha, I'm sure I'll probably find some music that I want to download, though it may be the originals instead.

Anoop Dawg: Eh. Once again, boring. Anoop is starting to lose his appeal for me. This song was a poor choice and is Anoop getting more boring every week? Wow, Kara's comment was Simon-esque, wasn't it? Funny, though. Yes, perhaps frat guys dared him to sing Usher. Simon's right. It was a "complete and utter mess." No itunes purchase.

Megan Joy: Oh, this song should be good for her. Oh...I was wrong. This was not a good song for her. Maybe if she sped it up a bit? What is up with her pronunciation? That's not how she talks normally, is it? Yeah, I can't watch her perform. She needs to not dance and her mouth looks funny. That was horrible. Let's see what the judges say...haha, Kara's starting to grow on me. She's right. All these boo-ers should go ahead and try and be a judge. Oh wow, the judges have a mean streak to them tonight, don't they? Like "watching paint dry?" Yes, it's time for her to go home already. No itunes purchase.

Danny Gokey: Alright, it's about time someone performed well. Wow, I really liked the quality of his voice. Haha, I like how Simon is able to compliment Danny while simultaneously insulting Anoop and Megan Joy. itunes purchase.

Allison Iraheta: Ahh, I love Don't Speak. I used to play this album over and over and over again in high school. Oh my, the hair. And the outfit. I had a halloween costume like it when I was younger. I liked the beginning of the song and I thought I would like the faster part better, but hmm. It wasn't bad but it definitely was not her best performance. I still love her, though. I don't know whether or not I'll buy the song. There were good parts, maybe the recording will be better. But for now, no itunes purchase.

Scott Macintyre: Wow, he's sporting a very early 90s hair style, isn't he? Didn't Patrick Swayze have this haircut in Ghost? Although it is better than his original hair style. The performance was good, but something about it bored me. The judges liked it though so maybe I'm just not easily amused tonight. Haha, Simon's right, I'm glad that Scott didn't listen to Paula's ridiculous advice. No itunes purchase.

Matt Giraud: Oh, he should not have changed this song this way, especially since it's such a current song. Changing the key actually just makes him sound like he's messing up. Wow, how many guys dream about being surrounded by adoring screaming girls? No itunes purchase.

Lil Rounds: Wow, I hated her entire performance. From the hair to the makeup to the dress to the actual singing, I disliked it all. I am getting increasingly annoyed that I picked her as one of my people. No itunes purchase.

Adam Lambert: Uh oh. He's gonna do the complete opposite from last week? I'm scared already. What is up with his hair and outfit? He looks completely different from the beginning of the competition. Who's dressing him? He's really good at being shrieky. I actually really like his shrieky (how do you spell that?). Crap, why do I like Adam so much? I was surprised he even made it to the Top 13 and now I like him. I liked the performance but I don't think I will purchase it. No itunes purchase.

Kris Allen: Ooh, I like this song. Wow, I liked his performance a lot. That was definitely his best performance and for me it was the best of the night. And he's a lot easier to watch when he's in back of the piano because his weird mouth isn't as noticeable. itunes purchase.

Alright, overall, I did not care too much for this week's performances. In addition to Allison and Danny, I think (and I'm embarrassed to admit this) that Adam is becoming one of my favorites. Crap.

1 comment:

nure nezumi said...

oh man, did you watch the results show? why the crap was megan acting like such a jackass. good riddance.

i gotta say, i'm getting a little scared at how alike your comments about each contestant are to mine... well, except adam of course. who are you, my mom? don't get pulled in! although i can totally see him being the next "vote for the worst" pick now that megan's gone, he would do great by that website.

right now i don't have a top pick. no one is impressing me enough consistently. i'm strictly going week by week now...