Tuesday, April 14, 2009

American Idol Top 7

And here we go again. I wasn't able to blog about (or really watch) last week's Idol as it was TheConvention week and I was "playing" at the hotel. I was really bummed because I missed Adam Lambert's performance last week since Idol went overtime. It sucks that only two judges are going to be allowed to share their opinions because I think Simon is the only one who's consistently spot on. Man, what's up with Idol this year? Do they have new people running the show? Are they TRYING to kill the show?

Hmmm...movie week. I'm really interested to see what Adam Lambert does tonight. The only way this theme would be better for him is if it was Broadway night.

Allison Iraheta: Oh, I loved this song in high school. It was one of those songs that I played repeatedly. I didn't really care for the beginning of the song but I really liked the ending when she started belting it out. In general, I love Allison. itunes purchase.
Anoop Dawg: Huh, he's still in it? Odd, because I think he's reached as far as he can get in the competition but let's see how he does. Okay, it was just eh. It was boring. He should have taken Quentin Tarantino's advice and grunged it up. The vocals were nice but it was boring. Boring. Boring. No itunes purchase.
Adam Lambert: Well, he certainly had fun with that performance. I don't really know how I feel about this performance. A part of me likes it. Another part of me hates it. Even if you're not an Adam-lover (ahem, Matt), you have to admit that he really knows how to make each performance his own. No itunes purchase.
Matt Giraud: Is he trying to sound like Justin Timberlake? Ooh, I did not like that. Part of it sounded like he was putting so much energy into making his voice gravelly that he completely lost some of the notes. Hahaha, Simon's face was fantastic. His jaw actually dropped and he just stared at Matt and it looked like it was killing him that he couldn't say anything. No itunes purchase.
Danny Gokey: I always wanted to learn to play the harp. Okay, I loved the soul of his voice but I agree with Simon. It was a good performance but he didn't change it around that much. Lionel Richie also had a real soul to his voice when he sang the song and I don't need a version of the song that is fairly close to his so no itunes purchase.
Kris Allen: Okay, now, see! This is why you need more than two judges speaking. WTH? One judge completely loved it and one judge completely hated it?!? Hmm...it would be nice to get a THIRD opinion, wouldn't it? Anyway, I really liked parts of this song and I think he put a lot of emotion into it but it was pitchy in some parts. itunes purchase but I'm getting the original.
Lil Rounds: WTH is up with her face tonight? Who did her makeup tonight? Yes, Paula, you're right. She couldn't have sang a lovelier song but hello, she COULD'VE sang it a lot better. Haha, Paula actually said nothing constructive. And I totally agree with Simon, Lil is not turning into the artist that I thought she was going to be. I think I am most disappointed with the way she's turning out. I had high hopes for her. I don't even care that she is my "person", it is time for her to leave. No itunes purchase.

No comments: