Sunday, July 22, 2007

At long last...

I had been looking forward to Friday's events all summer. Friday morning I woke up early and hightailed it to Borders. I was a little dismayed when I got there that I wasn't early enough to be one of the first ten in line, but I was pleased that I was within the first 50. I ran into Starbucks, grabbed some coffee and some breakfast, and joined the line of excited people. To pass the time, I knit on Lance's clog. Borders was nice enough to let us check in before the store's official opening time and I was back at home with my bracelet by 10:00.
That night, my bracelet and I went to back to Borders and joined the crowd. There were witches, wizards, and even a walking Whomping Willow. At midnight, the crowd started counting down and let out a huge cheer as the boxes were opened and the first person got his copy of this:
I finished the book yesterday and I am speechless. It was more awesome than I think anyone could have imagined it would be and I think J. K. Rowling is a genius. I'm sad because this was the last Potter book, but wow, what a way to end the series.

I have to go back to the book now. I re-read some of my favorite bits of the book this morning and now I'm just re-reading the whole thing.

1 comment:

nure nezumi said...

so... you woke up early to stand in a line to get a bracelet so that you could come back later and stand in line again? isn't the point of pre-ordering so that you don't have to stand in any lines?

sigh... you make me sad.