Sunday, July 08, 2007

Renovation Update

Look what we did on the fourth of July:
Yes, goodbye, ugly tile. Demo was fun in the beginning, as there's something therapeutic about taking a sledgehammer to tile but I realized that my body is not cut out for hard labor and that perhaps there is a reason why I chose not to have a career in construction. I also discovered that I really hate scraping tile glue (yes, I know that's not it's real name) off a concrete floor. Not fun.
But my uncle helped us lay out the hallway and taught us how to install it ourselves. Looks pretty snazzy, huh?
We also got new room darkening blinds for the game room so that Lance can finally play his games during the day. It was too light to project and play them during the day. He's a happy camper. We also got a security system installed in our house, but for obvious reasons there's no picture of that.

No comments: