Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Renovation Update #2

We finally finished laying down our laminate. It looks fantastic and M*Bark's enjoying having space to run around again. She's still getting used to how slippery it is and she'll occasionally slip, which is a wee bit entertaining for me. We just gotta put the trim in and we'll be done.
Unfortunately, the beautifulness of our new laminate makes the tile remaining in our entryway, kitchen, laundry room, and bathrooms makes the ugliness of it really stand out. In fact, it makes me want to change it though I thought we'd take a break from flooring for the rest of the break. Y'know, like actually relax a bit before school starts up again. The only thing is...we can't put in the trim for the laminate without changing the adjacent tile. I mean, I guess we could, but then we'd just have to redo it when we eventually changed our tile. My uncle pointed this out on Sunday and I actually felt a little teary at the prospect of ripping out more tile. Oh well, it has to be done and we'll have a nice house once we get it done.

1 comment:

nure nezumi said...

hmm... i think you gotta just do it. otherwise you'll be at 'ike just thinking about your flooring all day, at least that's how i'd be.

ps - i actually watched that victoria coming to america thing... haha, i think i might actually like posh spice, she's hilarious. haha!