Thursday, February 21, 2008

M*Bark vs. Yarn

I walked out of the bathroom this morning and discovered that M*Bark had discovered the "secret" yarn hiding place in our bedroom. The scarf that I'm knitting for my mother's upcoming trip to Alaska was spread across the floor, the yarn lying in a tangled mess. Frantic, I picked up my needle and was relieved to see that none of my work had unraveled. As always, I was in a rush to go to work so I scooped the whole thing up and put it in a bag to take with me. I had wanted to work on it during whatever breaks I managed to have during the day, but resigned myself to a day of untangling. It was a fairly busy day so I had to just untangle and rewind in parts and I finally finished in the afternoon. In the picture, you should note three things: 1) Newly wound ball; 2) Needle and needle end, separated from each other and with bite marks; and 3) My arm protecting the whole thing. Why did I have to protect it? Because as I tried to take the picture, M*Bark came by and tried to repeat the whole fiasco:
M*Bark: 1 Yarn: 0

No comments: