Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Pain in the neck

My neck hurts. At least my head no longer hurts. At least the room's not spinning anymore. I was supposed to go to tennis tonight, but I'm in a wee bit of pain. How did I get hurt, you ask? Was it from doing something exciting? Rock climbing maybe? Bungee jumping perhaps? Well, I'll tell you. The thrilling, risky activity that I engaged in today was...wait for it...wait for it...walking across The Oval.

Yep, I managed to get hurt walking while in school today. The Oval is this large concrete area that connects the buildings at my school. It serves as an extremely large sidewalk, a gathering area, and, unfortunately for me, a recess area. I hate walking across The Oval during recess as there is often kids running, jump ropes swinging, and balls flying. The flying balls terrify me the most and today I discovered why they are so scary. They are scary because when basketball-like balls are kicked they can cause damage if they should happen to squarely hit the back of someone's neck and head.

Bloody hell, anybody got an advil?

No comments: