Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Freak out

So I had to go to the doctor yesterday and I'm not all that much better. He changed my meds, so hopefully that helps. Anyhow, he wanted to change me to a medication that I'm allergic to. I was on it two years ago and the first time I took it, it was fantastic. The second time I took it, I had this nasty reaction to it and had to be sent home from extern due to swelling. Anyway, so on the way home yesterday, thinking about the medicine made me think of the last time I had a rash.

The last time, it was hives. It was about a year ago and it was the week of the wedding. I was stressing because there was so much left to do and so little time to do it and because one of my bridesmaids had flaked out on me so that the only time I actually saw her was on the day of the wedding. But anyway. Okay, so then I realized that it was this exact time last year that I started really freaking out about getting married. I'm even pretty sure it was the exact day, too. It was the last week of school before spring break and was therefore a little more than a week before the wedding (on a side note: 2 more days to spring break, woo hoo!). I remember I was on my way to my second school to therapize kids and I started having a panic attack. It suddenly occurred to be the enormity of getting married. I was positive that I was marrying the right fella but it suddenly dawned on me that, wow, I'm getting married. I had to call Nicole as I was driving to my second school because I started having an anxiety attack - complete with profuse sweating and shortness of breath. Many of my friends and family members, although they knew that Lance was the right one, were amazed that I was getting married at such a young age. What was interesting was that many of my friends' parents were concerned that I was getting married so young, many of them because they were afraid that their own children would follow suit and get married, too.

Anyway, so as I was driving home yesterday and fondly (no really, it was fondly) reminiscing about my last breakout of hives, I was amazed that all this happened a year ago. A whole year has passed since the craziness of the wedding planning. Nuts.

Anyway, so I finally took some pictures of my wedding album to go along with this blog entry. Of course I got confused as I was uploading them and uploaded them in the wrong order, but oh well.

No comments: