Thursday, March 16, 2006

One More Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I really did have to add that many exclamation points to the title. One more day to Spring Break! Woo hoo! I think I look forward to breaks more now than when I was a student. I have big plans for my break and although I generally do not outline goals for myself (because inevitably things come up and goals do not get met and then I get sad), I decided to make a list of goals for the break because these are things that I really want to get done. I figured if I post them on my blog, then I'm a little more inclined to do them since they are publicly stated.

My Spring Break Goals (I was gonna write them SLP style, but then decided blah to that idea)
1. Learn to (and knit) a pair of socks
2. Start working on my friend's scarf (good, I can do this on the plane)
3. Start working on graduation leis
4. Revisit my tank top
5. Work in ends of Beckey's scarf
6. Work on Lance's blanket (okay, this one's a given since I'm already working on it, but having a goal that I know I will accomplish makes me feel better)
7. Go find that yarn store in Waikiki
8. Scrapbook at least 2 pages
9. Make copies of all of my professional wedding pictures
10. Make prints of the wedding pictures to give away
11. Get my wedding rings cleaned
12. Clean my kitchen
13. Go fishing with Joy
14. Do not tear up or throw a fit the day before school starts nor on the day that school starts

Good grief, I just realized what a long list this is. Totally doable. Anyway, I just realized that I sometimes make "to do" lists if I have a lot to do during the day. I guess I do outline goals for myself sometimes. But daily "to do" lists generally get completed more frequently than "long term" lists so they don't count. I also just realized that 6 of my goals are knitting related. I think reading that book inspired me to be crazier. Y'all can keep all your opinions about my sanity to yourself, just feel sorry for my husband.

No comments: